- THE SCHEDULE AND PUBLISHED CAST OF THE SHOWS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGES.
- SAFETY RULES
- PARKING AND HOW TO FIND US
- We want your visit to be a positive experience, therefore we point out that productions intended for adults are generally not suitable for children under the age of 5. Please refer to the page of the production for the recommended age limit for the specific production.
- NB! During the performance we kindly ask to remain silent and not to eat and drink in the theatre hall.
- STARTING TIME OF THE PERFORMANCES
Night performances of the theatre hall usually start at 19.00 (on Sundays usually at 17.00), daytime performances at 12.00. Theatre house is opened 1 hour before the beginning of the performance. Please come to the theatre with a sufficient time reserve, so that you could find your seat in time! Latecomers will not have access to the hall until a proper intermission. Those who exit during the performnce, will have access to the hall during a proper intermission.
There are free guarded cloakrooms in the theatre. The cloakroom for the 2nd balcony visitors is situated on the fourth floor. Access to the halls in outdoor clothes is not allowed. Dress code: from black tie to smart casual.
- VISITORS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
The Estonian National Opera welcomes visitors with special needs – it is our principle to treat everyone equally. In 2016, the Equal Treatment Commissioner awarded the building of the Estonian National Opera with the label SIIA SAAB awarded to environments open and accessible to everyone.
- Persons with mobility disability can park their car in the two parking spaces by G. Ots Street next to the theatre building. The building is accessible by wheelchair by the ramp located left of the main entrance. The automated electrical door leads directly to the cloakroom and box office. Visitors in wheelchairs can move around the building without assistance. Lifts are available for moving between floors and ramps connect surfaces of different heights.
Access to the theatre hall and café (the White Hall on the first floor and Café Colombina on the basement floor) is uninhibited. The Estonia restaurant is also accessible by wheelchair from the restaurant doors in the front of the building, which lead to the cloakroom and the restaurant without any stairs on the path. Visitors in wheelchairs are led to the best possible area in the theatre hall (there is room for four wheelchairs).
Upon submitting an order and purchasing tickets, please inform the service clerk of visitors in wheelchairs. The building has a lift and an accessible toilet on the basement floor.
Access to the Chamber Hall is limited and there is no accessible toilet near it. Tactile aid, such as lift signs in Braille, are available for partially sighted and blind persons. Lifts also have voice notifications.
The service staff of the theatre is always there to help you. Welcome! For more information, please call +372 6 831 210 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAP TICKETS FOR SMALL CHILDREN
For matinees it is possible to buy a lap ticket for children aged 6 or under (EUR 5). We do not recommend taking children to evening performances (a full-price ticket must be purchased for a child attending an evening performance).
Opera performances are performed in the original language and in most cases have subtitles in Estonian and English (in the Estonia Theatre Hall). Operettas, musicals and children’s plays are performed in Estonian. You can check whether the performance has subtitles (also in foreign languages) aside the performance information.
- RENTING OPERA GLASSES
It is possible to rent opera glasses for 2 EUR. The warranty for the glasses is 40 EUR or an identification document. Availability 1 hour prior to performance, returning after the end of the performance on the same day.
- CAFÉS AND BARS
The Estonian National Opera catering service offers snacks and drinks during intermissions in the Winter Garden, White and Blue Halls, the Harlequin Bar of the 2nd balcony and in the Colombina Café on the zero floor. The cafés and bars are opened 1 hour before the performance and remain open until the end of the last intermission. It is not allowed to take food and drinks to the theatre hall.
The intermission passes more pleasantly if the food/drinks have been ordered in advance. You can order in the bars before the show and by the e-mail: email@example.com.
The souvenir stand of the theatre is open 1 hour before the performance and during intermissions. A selection of souvenirs is available at the box office.
- PHOTOGRAPHING AND TAKING VIDEOS
Photographing the performances and making audio/video recordings of performances is not allowed.
- SMOKING is not allowed in the premises of the theatre.